Thread: iPad non functional
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
non functional

I haven't seen this on another thread, so I wanted to post this one to see if others have encountered the same problem before:

I was surfing the internet via wifi for a while and have been reading in goodreader before. Then I turned my ipad off via the regular on/off button on the top. I laid it down for a while and didn't use it for about 1 hr. I currently had my silicone case on the ipad.

After said 1 hr, I wanted to read a bit and my ipad didn't turn on. Neither via the on/off button, nor via the home button. I also tried the "hold-the-on-button-for-10-seconds" thing just in case I had it completely turned off (which I'm sure I hadn't).
It still didn't turn on.

So I did some research on the net and found the "press-the-on-and-home-button-for-10-seconds". This brought my ipad back to live, but this is supposed to be the "reset-button-press".

Temperatures in my home are about 25C (77F). The ipad is supposed to run without flaw to up to 95F (35C), so its temperature must have well been within the specs. And no direct sunlight was involved, too.

So anyone who has run across this issue, too???
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote