View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #80
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Is that per side or for both sides?

When I have a good rythim going, I can do typical paged books at 300dpi at about 10 seconds per "side" (meaning from the time one scan starts to the next scan starts, including time flipping pages) on my Opticbook.
That's for both sides. In FineReader, it's just a checkbox to turn on duplex scanning. You feed it through like normal. The page going through the scanner is the same, just FineReader takes a bit longer to read both sides of a duplex scan vs. a simplex scan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I have FineReader 7, and prefer to use 400dpi scans for paperbacks; 300 works but gets troublesome on tiny footnote text sometimes. I might wind up figuring out if it'd interface with Pixedit for the actual scanning, and then import the images to Finereader.
Yeah, if you have smaller text, a higher dpi is good. 300dpi is fast, but when turned up to 600dpi (the recommended for small text), it is noticeably slower. Still, feeding through a stack of pages and duplex scanning is the ultimate in ease.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote