View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 12:23 PM   #31771
rainerm
Addict
rainerm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainerm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainerm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainerm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainerm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainerm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainerm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainerm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainerm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainerm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainerm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
1. Li Young Lee's poetry collection titled "Behind My Eyes"--been reading this for a month now, and it's been a fantastic companion; great for breaks at work, for commutes, for breaks from chores and of course for devoted reading sessions. Standard Checklist for Amateur Mystics is particularly excellent.

2. Chang-rae Lee's "Native Speaker"--just began this one a couple of days back; only 20 pages in. Reading is slow, though that's down to me and not a comment on the book. Sort of reminds me of Pynchon's Vineland plot-wise, but Lee and Pynchon are very different writers at the end of the day.
rainerm is offline   Reply With Quote