View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 07:39 AM   #108
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
And that's assuming libraries in your country lend ebooks at all, or ebooks that can be read on an eink device instead of their proprietary app. In my country you can't borrow ebooks and read them on a Kobo or a Kindle. And I read fiction mostly in English, which means the only legal way for me to get such books is to buy them. No local library has any sizeable English-language genre fiction selection even in paper.

I don't buy newly released tradpub books with high prices, though. Usually I wait for the price to drop until I buy. Indies, of course, can be bought immediately as they are relatively cheap.
If you read a lot, have you considered paying for a library membership?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote