View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 12:54 PM   #10
celiapgt
EBook-obsessive gal
celiapgt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm pretty sure the OP is looking for a Keyboard shortcut to show/hide the Clips widget. If you look under the View menu, you can see that Clips is really the only one without a Keyboard show/hide toggle.

And I think the other wish is to be able to assign shortcuts to individual Saved Searches (similar to how clips 1-20 have customizable shortcuts).

Unfortunately, neither can be accomplished via Sigil's plugin framework (as Kevin mentioned).

And the Find/Replace widget is not relocatable ... period. It is where it is, and no plugin will change it.
Thank you for replying so thoroughly.

Exactly as you said, DiapDealer. No problem with the Find/Replace position, it is just a minor customization to me. The important part are the addition of extra shortcuts that I request.

Now I am pretty clear that the plugin framework is not capable for such a task, but I do respectfully ask KevinH or who else is the developer to add that functionality in the next release of the software.

By the way, I was unable to find the features request list in GitHub, so I add this petition here.

When you occasionally work with Sigil, mouse gestures/clicks are OK, but when I work very often with ebooks and Sigil, search/replace are a frequent task and shortcuts are more user-friendly than ever. Thus, please take my suggestion into account.

Just a question to DiapDealer: am I the OP? what is the meaning of this acronym?
celiapgt is offline   Reply With Quote