View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 01:04 PM   #818
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Be very careful about that. FFF expects epubs to be updated to be epubs that it created. If you happen to have gotten internal file names and structure the same, you might be able to update non-FFF epubs. But if it doesn't match well enough, your edited files will be discarded and chapters will be downloaded as if new.

Definitely make backup copies and test it before trying this.
Hmm, I'll keep an eye on that. I do have a habit of having a backup copy when I'm not sure of something, so that won't be a problem for me...

Quote:
It's also possible to inject custom Calibre columns into the FFF title page. You might consider that instead.

If you have a custom column(s) that you put your preferred info in, there's a setting on the personal.ini tab ('Pass Calibre Columns into FanFicFare on Update/Overwrite') you can check. Then click the 'Show Calibre Column Names' button to see the injected column names to copy-paste into personal.ini as part of titlepage_entries or add_to_titlepage_entries to include them in the title page.
This I knew, I have the Count Pages plugin and I added that onto the Title Page (of course, the page count is behind by one chapter, but I can live with that...) I don't have, and don't particularly want to add, custom columns for fandoms or character pairings, so I can't use that. There is one fic, where there are 50+ entries in the Relationships section, 50+ entries in the Characters section, and 15 entries in the Fandom section. Creating custom columns and changing personal.ini JUST for that isn't worth it, but skipping the title page would be good. Not necessary, but helpful (link:http://archiveofourown.org/works/910221)

I'll definitely see if that other suggestion works. Rename Title_page, then after the update, just delete the new Title Page created. It will actually be quicker than anything else I could try...I'll just test it out next time I have to update a fic, then I'll know for the future.

Thanks so much!
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote