View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #817
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
Title Page only:

I have old(er) fics that I added before I found FFF (and previous FFDL), so they don't have a Title Page as such. I have edited the content to my liking, so would not want to overwrite everything and still add the Title Page. Your example, which I wouldn't have thought to try, sounds like it would work for this. As long as nothing else in the fic changes, I'm good.
Be very careful about that. FFF expects epubs to be updated to be epubs that it created. If you happen to have gotten internal file names and structure the same, you might be able to update non-FFF epubs. But if it doesn't match well enough, your edited files will be discarded and chapters will be downloaded as if new.

Definitely make backup copies and test it before trying this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
Not Title Page:

This one is more because I don't understand how to adjust the fandom and pairings in my personal.ini so they only show 1 on the title page. I've read the posts, explanations and suggestions, but for some reason I can't grasp how to take 4 lines of different characters funnel it down to the basic pairing, or change the fandom name (or 2 fandom names when crossover) down to my preference. I had just hoped that for those fics (AO3 generally - which I don't have a ton of), it would be easier for me to just skip the title page once I have it as I like it. Later I might come at the problem with fresh eyes and actually understand how to change my personal.ini to do that.
It's also possible to inject custom Calibre columns into the FFF title page. You might consider that instead.

If you have a custom column(s) that you put your preferred info in, there's a setting on the personal.ini tab ('Pass Calibre Columns into FanFicFare on Update/Overwrite') you can check. Then click the 'Show Calibre Column Names' button to see the injected column names to copy-paste into personal.ini as part of titlepage_entries or add_to_titlepage_entries to include them in the title page.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote