View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 11:39 AM   #815
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Kinda-sorta? It depends on what you mean by 'only'. The rest of the epub? And/or the calibre metadata?
When I mean only title page, I mean not the rest of the epub.

Quote:
The title page is updated any time the epub is updated, either with 'Update EPUB if New Chapters' or 'Update EPUB Always'. However, if there aren't any new chapters, 'Update EPUB Always' will update the title page. If you uncheck 'Update Calibre Metadata?' then it's effectively updating title page only.
Sounds good!

Quote:
If you set include_titlepage:false and update an epub the title page will be removed. The only way I can think of keeping title page but not updating it while updating chapters is to manually rename OEBPS/title_page.xhtml inside the epub before doing an update with include_titlepage:false.

That's the best I can tell you without knowing what you're trying to accomplish in more detail.
Oh, that sounds complicated, but I'll have to actually test it to see how that works.

I'll try to be concise with my examples, and not make them too long.

Title Page only:

I have old(er) fics that I added before I found FFF (and previous FFDL), so they don't have a Title Page as such. I have edited the content to my liking, so would not want to overwrite everything and still add the Title Page. Your example, which I wouldn't have thought to try, sounds like it would work for this. As long as nothing else in the fic changes, I'm good.

Not Title Page:

This one is more because I don't understand how to adjust the fandom and pairings in my personal.ini so they only show 1 on the title page. I've read the posts, explanations and suggestions, but for some reason I can't grasp how to take 4 lines of different characters funnel it down to the basic pairing, or change the fandom name (or 2 fandom names when crossover) down to my preference. I had just hoped that for those fics (AO3 generally - which I don't have a ton of), it would be easier for me to just skip the title page once I have it as I like it. Later I might come at the problem with fresh eyes and actually understand how to change my personal.ini to do that.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote