View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #12
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
In ADE, no, there is no solution. The trick just works in Kindle (as many others so far).
But Kindles do not read ePub, even if the inside of a KF8 file is similar to ePub. And Sigil is an ePub editor.

The bottom line, anyway, is that the solution is not guaranteed to work in an ePub, and not because readers are buggy, but because of what the ePub spec says.

Quote:
Pero creo que no hay que preocuparse mucho Jellby porque si los lectores basados en ADE quieren permanecer competitivos frente a Kindle, van a tener que mejorar su soporte para css ya que hoy por hoy el lector de Amazon les está sacando cada vez más ventajas en ese campo. Así que creo que pronto Nook, Sony y otros van a darle soporte a esas propiedades que estoy utilizando.
(Translation: ADE-based readers should improve if they want to stay competitive against Kindle. He believes Nook, Sony and others will soon support these additional CSS properties.)

I wish I could be as optimistic as you are, but experience has shown me that I should never expect things to improve in the way I'd like them to. In all these years I haven't seen any significant development in ADE-based readers, except some hyphenation and ligatures support. Old limitations are still there, and I don't see any reader vendor is interested in changing that (Bookeen once looked as if they were, but that was then). Any future "improvement", I'm afraid, will be in the way of bells and whistles, animations, facebook and one-touch buying, and not in better CSS support, spec compliance or layout control (for the user).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote