View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #149
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
For any readers who like these types of books (as I do), I also made this available as a Bbeb book a few years back, which is easily translated into epub or Mobi using calibre. It and a few other titles are available here on MobileRead for free. (I have a table of contents, by the way.)
Don, your formatting of John McPartland's Affair in Tokyo is much better than the Black Mask copy.

For anyone interested in the blurb on the original back cover:

Quote:
The Tokyo route, they called it – the girl, the drinking, the needle – and even the Americans went for it. Most of them ended in the stockades, gray, rotten husks of men, trembling with the heroin need, or face down in the black canals that lace the city.

Like Lonesome Lee almost did.

I know. I’m Lee, and the intimate evil of postwar Japan left its mark on me.

And on my red-haired love – as we fled hand in hand from murder.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote