View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #252
Arrghus
Zealot
Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle PW2; Nexus 5X
Quote:
Originally Posted by deekbee View Post
But its a mindshare thing - everyone just seems to automatically equate e-reader=kindle. Similarly with the tablet PCs. I've got an Advent Vega (which is truly excellent), and while my youngest was doing some jigsaws on it, another parent in the house commented "he likes playing on your iPad". Which was pretty damn sad ....
That is a bit sad. It has irritated me for many years that portable audio players are always described as an 'iPod'. Manufacturer's of headphones and other accessories advertise their products as being 'iPod Compatible'. As if the consumer really needs to know that the Sennheiser buds they are looking at are 'iPod ready'... Steve Job's company - after Twitter and Facebook - probably gets more free advertising than any other business.
Arrghus is offline   Reply With Quote