View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 01:47 AM   #6
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by needleinthehay View Post
Hmm, my problem isn't that books in collections don't show on the main page, it's that books not in collections don't show up in collections (which makes sense, because they aren't in them), but they also don't show up on the main page (which seems like it should be the case based on my previous Kindle and what jswinden said). I know for a fact that I have around 10 books which I haven't read yet and aren't in any collections, but when I look at my main page, I don't see anything except the collection titles.

For instance, I just sideloaded a copy of Robinson Crusoe which isn't in any of my collections and it doesn't show up below the list of collections. I usually look at my Kindle in list & collections view, so it's rather annoying to sort everything by name just to find new books ...
Ah... ok, so I misunderstood you, sorry.

I don't have a PW yet (only a Kindle Touch, but firmware-wise the PW is just a new Kindle Touch (Touch=5.1.2, PW=5.2.0)). As jswinden said, if sorting by collections, any books NOT in collections are also displayed on the home screen.

If that's not the case for you, this is indeed erratic behavior - books which aren't filed into collections yet should appear on the home screen. But try jswinden's last suggestion, too.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote