View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
CammyB
CammyB began at the beginning.

Device: MobiPocket 6.0
A Horror Suggestion and Historical Fiction

Hiya,
Have you ever heard of Ryan Callaway? I saw an ad for Six Faces 2 "The Mark" online and ended up buying it through MobiPocket although I hadn't read the original. I'm planning to get the first one soon but haven't yet because the price runs pretty high on Amazon(there is no ebook, unfortunately). It is a typical rule that the original is always better, but it has to be damn good if that's the case with the Six Faces books.

Basically, in Six Faces 2, it starts with a bang as some older teenagers tamper with something they should have left alone. I was hooked after the very creepy opening chapter, and the story and characters kept my attention the rest of the novel. It takes place in a small town where several strangers are left with a mysterious "mark" somewhere on their flesh. Along with the mark comes demonic visions of another world, as well as a hunter abducting and killing some, and hauling others off to an even worse fate. Laura Leed is the heroine, who is quite normal and easy to relate to, and although the book has some really powerful scenes, what make it best is the personal view of the characters the author gives, as well as the creepy and somewhat depressing atmosphere maintained throughout. Yes, be warned, it is a little depressing! lol

The website I got it off is on tripod. I would definitely recommend it and perhaps the first one. (you don't really need it to understand)
CammyB is offline   Reply With Quote