View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 03:53 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Harry, is this really the right source? I don't edit British English so I do not have personal knowledge, but none of my colleagues who do cite Fowler's as the source. Instead, they cite the Oxford Style Manual. They all do have Fowler's as part of their resource shelf, but rely on Oxford as the British equivalent of the Chicago Manual of Style.
It's the one I've always regarded as "definitive", Richard, but that's simply a personal preference. I'm sure the Oxford one is equally good, if not better.

Thanks for the feedback on this.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote