View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #8
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i sort of wish that this poll had been multiple choice because i hesitated between "i don't buy books with DRM" and "I buy books with DRM but remove the DRM later," but i suppose the first choice is not completely accurate anyway.

i try to avoid buying books with DRM when possible on principle as well as for practical reasons, but if there's a book i want enough which is only available with DRM, i'll buy it in LIT format and then immediately remove the DRM and save the html for archival purposes.

i must say though that the overwhelming majority of my books come from the free sources you listed in the last option (but you forgot to mention MobileRead !!!! that's where i get most of mine), and DRM is not a problem there.
And there wasn't an option for "The blue one, next to the fish" either
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote