View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #23473
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
How long have you lived indpedently? I am sure your parents will be fine with your coming and going but you are going to have to be more careful with when you come home and checking in so you don't wake them up or worry them.
My parents had a very good method of 'checking' on us (my brother and I) to know if we were home or not. This began when we were older teenagers, and they kept the same method when I moved back in after separating from my wife.

The hall table lamp. The last person in at night would turn it off. If my parent woke up at 4am and the lamp was still on, they would worry. But if it was off, all were home safe and sound asleep. No need to open doors to check. We never had a curfew, and simply had to be home at a 'reasonable' hour during the week, a bit later on the weekends. If we were going to be out late, an early phone call was expected. Even as an older teenager I'd disappear for 2-3 days without pre-plan, but a phone call saying I'd be gone was required. By the same token, when I moved back in with them, if THEY were going to be out late, or going away somewhere, they would call and let ME know.

Living with other people requires a lot of give and take on all sides. I had many friends who always had several room mates, even as adults. I always preferred to live alone or with a lover. I couldn't stand the idea of a room mate, and even though the price was right living with my folks, I only put up with it for six months before I moved 3,000 miles away.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote