View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 11:08 AM   #64
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
And no - I haven't bough much new music since it became illegal to rip a CD. (I didn't pirate it either, but I just got old CDs without that restriction and spent much less money).
Is that the case in Germany?? I hadn't heard about any like that in the US. Of course, I stopped buying CDs ages ago when it became more cost effective for me to just buy single songs that I liked.

I'm certain it's illegal as all hell, but I also take all of my iTunes music, convert it to mp3 and store it on one of my backup drives. I refuse to be told that, if my iPod breaks and I decide not to replace it with another iPod, I also lose all of the music I purchased.

Of course, I have the same view about ebooks. I will keep DRM Kindle books to an absolute minimum. If my Kindle is lost or stolen, or if I start pushing up the daisies, I want to continue to have some access to the books I purchased (well, not so much in the second instance, but in that case I would like to be able to leave my book collection to someone, complete with a good readable selection of books).
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote