View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 08:19 AM   #7
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
Please let me know if you do get it to work. I'd be interested in installing both Arabic and Hebrew fonts on my Kindle[...]
Hebrew seems to work, too. I just tested it with a Hebrew pangram. But since it has been ages since I last looked at a Hebrew text I'm not 100% sure.

Please find attached a simple Hebrew test .epub and a screen capture that shows the Kindle display.

BTW, my installation on a Kindle 3.3 WiFi went as follows:

1. I backed up all my Kindle ebooks and uninstalled the jailbreak
2. I downloaded Lite1014.1225.rtm.rar from here
3. I copied the DK_System folder from the archive to the Kindle root directory
4. I copied the large update_duokan_0b008.bin from the 升级包\k3升级包\kindle3.2.1升级包\ folder to the Kindle root directory (If you don't have a WiFi model, you'll have to pick one of the other .bin files.)
5. I started the firmware update (Settings > Update Your Kindle)
6. After the update was complete, Duokan Lite displayed the Chinese welcome screen. After a while I figured out that I had to select the 5th menu item [S] in the rightmost menu to change the language to English.
7. I connected the Kindle to the computer and copied Arial.ttf from my PC to the \DK_System\Lite\res\userfonts folder. (Arial supports both Arabic and Hebrew).
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ivrit.bmp (234.5 KB, 1044 views)
Attached Files
File Type: epub Ivrit.epub (2.1 KB, 973 views)

Last edited by Doitsu; 12-18-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote