View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 01:41 PM   #35
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
[QUOTE=Catlady;3856591]I hate the Yankees, but civic pride overcomes my distaste for them when they reach postseason play. I NY.

My heart belongs to the Mets; they are my cross to bear. I was a fanatic in mid-1980s--the glory days of Hernandez and Carter, Strawberry and Mookie, Gooden and Darling. Now, I'm a casual fan, so I don't tear my hair out after every screw-up and blown game.

Baseball is polite and civilized. Everybody gets a turn, it's slow enough so one can assess and discuss every decision and play, it's not necessary to have an announcer tell you what's happening on the field, a game can go on forever. Your team can be down ten runs in the bottom of the ninth and still win, so there's always hope, not like games with a clock where the team can just run out of time. Players come in all shapes and sizes. There's tension and edge-of-your-seat suspense on every pitch. No other game comes close.[/QUOTE

Catlady - think this is a perfect description of why watching baseball is so great!

I’m not surprised you root for the Yankees during the playoffs - if I love a sport, I usually enjoy the watching opponents too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Superfan Laila - the team’s inspiration this season of what it truly means to keep fighting. It’s so sweet to watch her interact with the guys. The video where Laila’s mom tells her that she’s going to Game 7 just brings on the tears! It’s so awesome that she got to go on the ice afterwards and touch the cup because she was part of their story too.
Wonderful and as you said, a beautiful story for the ages!

Last edited by Victoria; 06-15-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote