View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #8
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Amazon most definitely have some quality control issues with the Paperwhite. And the problem is probably exacerbated by them checking 'bad' units in daylight and seeing nothing wrong with them and sending them back out only for people to get them as replacements and pick up the problems with the screen in poor light.

However, there are plenty of people with 'good' screens - the "are you happy with the screen" poll is currently at 75% for yes, and even if you take out a portion who are happy despite the screen perhaps not being perfect, that's still a lot more happy than unhappy people.

If you aren't happy with the Paperwhite, send it back and get a refund. Buy something else and tell Amazon you are doing so. It's what I would be doing if I had bought one and wasn't happy with it.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote