View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 06:14 PM   #224
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I saw you other posts and wondered about it as I hadn't realised that the built-on fetch annotations for Kindles set a status column. But, from this I think you are saying your status column is uses a template to parse the comments and find the percent read and the date.

Adding the reading status to the annotations is possible, but I don't really think it fits with the plugin. The plugin is about getting the annotations, and the last reading position isn't really one. You could say it is a bookmark, which are fetched (at least for the Kobo devices), but they are not deleted if they are removed or changed. One of the functions of the annotations plugin is to merge the annotations from multiple devices over time. To do this, it doesn't remove any annotations it has already fetched. Hence, if the reading position was treated as a bookmark, you would either get a succession of them showing your progress over time, or they would have to be treated in a different way to be updated or moved each time.

Another problem is actually making changes. While I maintain the basic plugin, the device specific code is different. I do not have a Kindle, so cannot make big changes as I cannot test them. If there is someone who wants to make the changes, I'll be happy to help and include them.

Also, I don't believe there have been any changes in calibre that affect the experimental Fetch Annotations. Because of this, I think it is more likely a change in the devices that has broken the function. Has the firmware been updated on them recently?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote