View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 01:20 AM   #349
dragonbone
must love dogs
dragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone 32GB 3GS, iPad 64GB WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieClarken View Post
Considering I often have to pay over twice the Amazon price for books sold in Australia, I'll take what Amazon can offer.

Some good news is that you can change your country on the "Manage Your Kindle" page. You will probably need a US credit card or to use the gift certificate trick to buy the American selection at US prices. The curious question will be whether books are still wirelessly delivered regardless of which country you are in. Since the international Kindles are designed for travelling overseas, I doubt they will require customers to change their location whenever they cross a border.
Excellent point! I don't understand why Amazon just doesn't lay out all the rules etc. clearly. Why must everyone second-guess and hunt around for answers .
I (like you) can't work out if I buy a Kindle in Japan, if I will be able to use it wireless in other countries, or if it's region specific, ie. only able to go wireless in Japan - locked in.... In other words; are the USA international Kindles somehow different to the Kindles bought in other countries.
dragonbone is offline   Reply With Quote