View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 10:53 PM   #13
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
I've had the K1 for more than a year and a half, and have had absolutely no problems at all. While I bought an extra battery just in case, the original is still working perfectly, and I read several hours every day.

My son bought a K2 and it is very nice, but nothing at all that would make me change at this point. I particularly don't like the fact that the K2 does not have a user replaceable battery. If it ever dies, you have to pay a lot to have it replaced, plus you will be without it for a couple of weeks or so while you send it in, wait for it to have the battery replaced, and wait for it to be shipped back. That alone is a deal-breaker for me.
I still have my K1 but I don't like that I can't navigate directly to a word or input field but have to go through various sets of dialog boxes to do anything ... and wait.

The battery replacement if needed in the first year would indicate a defective unit and Amazon replaces those as part of the basic warranty.

If you bought an extended warranty from Amazon (possible only within the first 30 days or so) you get free replacement if it should happen in the 2nd year but you also get one free accidental-damage replacement during the 2 years.

The online-dictionary process makes a big difference on the K2. If one tries its webplodder, it is also far better on the K2. There is a copy-paste function that's not documented that's useful with the K2 for all kinds of things.

The K1 is a really good book-reader, at any rate. Not so much for periodicals and subscriptions where it is irritating to navigate.

- Andrys

Last edited by andrys; 07-17-2009 at 10:55 PM.
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote