View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #59
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Nice progress. Yes, kindlevncviewer's CLI switches are horribly under-documented. They accept everything that libvncclient can handle. My guess was that x11vnc's ZRLE encoding was broken (didn't bother to debug), so I specified an encoding on CLI: "-encodings copyrect,raw" for kindlevncviewer. For all possible switches see here: http://libvncserver.sourceforge.net/...44eb97d2356475

Errm, are you using Xfbdev, als the command lines you quoted indicate? Because the setup I imagined was using Xvfb...
yep. works with Xfbdev as well as xvfb. so I have been testing both.

as the Xfbdev does not actually cause an eink update I was wondering about hacking your viewer "over the top" - on the device.

like err.. knvcviewer.sh 127.0.0.1:0 : )

Just playing around really to see what is possible.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote