View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #13
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eruditionastic View Post
Under that kind of a definition of "firmware", then it's not stock if you change the wallpaper. That's not a usable definition in any sense of the word, that's not even what firmware means.
I think that rooting the device would count as going non-stock. Doing so changes fundamental assumptions that the firmware writers made and tested. At least, if I were the firmware author, that would be the position I would take.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote