View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Well, the highlighting really is problematic. To illustrate, the two screenshots below... I wanted to highlight a great piece of dialogue in a Kir Bulychev story, and it turned out that instead of a single highlight, I had to make 5 (!) of them in Marvin (and Stanza and many other iOS e-readers behave similarly, so it's not a Marvin issue per se):
  1. first, highlight the end of the first paragraph
  2. highlight the next 4 paragraphs
  3. highlight the remaining text on the screen
  4. highlight the rest of the current paragraph on the following screen
  5. highlight 3 more paragraphs
And so, I end up with 5 separate highlights instead of 1. (Not visually, but they are separate in the list of highlights and in the XHTML export of highlights.) I would even have ended up with 6 separate highlights if I only wished to highlight the first few words in the final paragraph, instead of the entire final paragraph.

It's not a show-stopper for me, just annoying. Apple should get rid of that obligatory "paragraph snapping" Kris mentioned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5_highlights_instead_of_1.png
Views:	174
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	98202   Click image for larger version

Name:	5_highlights_instead_of_1b.png
Views:	160
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	98203  
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote