Thread: Glo Image problem
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #19
Andrew Ashling
Connoisseur
Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: I divide my time between Ormidon, Ximerion and Antwerp, Belgium
Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The maps in the version you sent me look good on both the Touch and the Glo. There is probably a bit of luck in the sizes involved and the resizing algorithm used.
Yep, that must be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I had a look at the sample you sent. It looks good. The fonts for the titles and chapters were a bit hard to read at first, but they fit the book perfectly. And they are growing on me. The section dividers and other adornments look good to. And the large start letters (I know there is a name for it) works perfectly on both the Glo and Touch. About the only comment I have is the fixed left and right margins. If these are set, the Kobo devices will respect them and not let the user change them. Removing them means the reader can set them how they want. I would suggest removing them unless they are part of the look you are after.
  • The large letters at the start of chapters and sections are called dropcaps.
  • The margins that were fixed are now adjustable on the Glo (and Touch, I suppose). You can test it for yourself if you want by changing the first item in the stylesheet into this:

Code:
    @page {
        margin-bottom: 15px;
        margin-top: 20px;
        margin-right: 40px;
        margin-left: 40px;
        }

• The font has a medieval look. I only use it for chapter titles, as I know most people have their own preferred font for reading (and the Kobo lets you add your own fonts in a very simple way). I thought the title font added a nice touch, without taking away the reader's choice.

Thank you very much for your help and suggestions.
Andrew Ashling is offline   Reply With Quote