View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #79
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I think it's probably more of a supply issue with Amazon not selling all Kindle models internationally from the word go. They want to make sure they can meet the demand for sales in the US (which is their biggest market) in what is traditionally a busy period for them (now through to Christmas). Once they've met that demand and have more supply, they'll then look at releasing the other models elsewhere. Not very good for those of us outside the US, but reasonably understandable.

As I've posted in the Kindle forum, anyone interested in a new e-reader and undecided on what to get should just look at this as an opportunity to see how all the new models work once people are actually using them for a spell, and then be happy they can make an informed decision in a few months time.

However, in saying all of that, Kobo still have to be congratulated for not doing it this way and having a worldwide release.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the two newbies with superior resolution (Kobo Glo and Kindle Paperwhite) shape up against each other. They both look like the best two e-readers, will they turn out that way or not?

I've also not read anything yet about any changes to the touch-screen of the Kobo, so will the Kindle's new capacitive touch-screen edge it ahead, and if the reviews are right and the Kobo uses the same tech as the Nook for lighting, will it possibly suffer from the same issues, and is the Kindle's tech different too?

Incidentally, I bought myself a Sony PRS-350 not too long ago, and I'm quite happy with it, but if only Kobo had given some indication of what was to come I'd probably not have bothered and went for the Kobo Mini instead

Last edited by soulfuldog; 09-07-2012 at 12:23 PM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote