View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 01:53 AM   #8
thafrogggg
Rabid Book Weasel
thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Acer Iconia A500 Tablet (lovin' it!!)
But the OP also states in the opening sentence that they like the touch screen feature of the Droid.

I think the OP is citing the kindle as it does something that would be great to have on the droid and is asking if we know of any way to get a catalog like feature using an android application.

I use Aldiko to manage my Ebooks on my Android tablet. It has a great feature called collections.

What I did was copy all my books onto the SD card in my tablet then I opened Aldiko and imported them.

Now I had about 300 books that were all sorted by title.

What I did next was go in and rename each book by adding the series prefix to it. Eg. 01 - (Book title).

Now I had a bunch of book that were again sorted by book title. so I had a lot with 01 - (book title), 02 - (book title), etc.

Lastly, what I did was open the collections function of Aldiko and created a collection for each series, Belsarius Saga, LiveShip Traders, etc, and then assign the books to their respective series.

Now when I open my bookshelf, I can go to the collections section and see my series, tap on it, then tap on the book in that series I want to read, and they are all listed in series order.

The way I did it might not be the fastest or easiest, but it does exactly what I want it to do and I think the way I am doing it produces the results you are looking for.

I will see if I can get some screen shots of how it looks on the tablet and post em.

Last edited by thafrogggg; 08-21-2011 at 02:00 AM.
thafrogggg is offline   Reply With Quote