View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterRage View Post
Now I'm really confused. You can't download with a Kobo as it has no internet connectivity.

The issue, as usual, is the DRM. If the store you are buying from sells ePubs either with no DRM, or with some form of the Adobe ADE that is compatible with the Kobo reader, then you are good to go.
I think tenne means can she plug her Kobo in using the USB connector and download from Borders in the US.

I don't think DRM is the problem here it is the Geographic Restrictions that either will or will not allow companies to sell ebooks in some countries.

I would suggest you try and see what happens. Find something that is either free or costs 99 cents if you are worried about losing your money.

In my experience (as an Australian who deals with Geographic Restrictions regularly) if you can't download something you find out at the very last minute - after you have had time to get excited about finally finding a book you have been searching for - you are usually thrilled with the price too - but then you realise it's not going to happen...

BUT so far I haven't had to pay for anything that has been restricted.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote