View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 03:18 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Just updated my mini. Dark mode at last! Floating swipe-able keyboard! Voice Control!

Now I’m waiting for the first reading app to support multiple documents...

Re Updates showing up after System update — that seems pretty normal. The automatic check for app updates seems to be on its own schedule (maybe only once or twice a day), and it is totally normal that more would show up after manual refresh of update list at any time, regardless of whether there had been an intervening system update. For me, manual refresh nearly always adds to what was in the update queue, and I suppose most people don’t even know they can refresh.

Also the volume of app updates peaks around major iOS updates, as developers scramble to fix bugs and support new features. So just because update queue was empty prior to system update, the 30-60 minutes it takes to download and apply an update allows time for more updates to show up.

In my case, I had 14 apps to update following the update, but only after manual refresh. There were at least a dozen of them yesterday (I have 196 apps on board, do not ask why..)
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote