View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 05:09 PM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Chocky: Uninstalling calibre doesn't touch either the libraries or the configuration folder. With the problem you are having, I would try renaming the configuration folder. The next time you start calibre, it will show the setup wizard and create a new configuration. But, as the plugin zip files are magically being restored to a previous version, I would wait for a few minutes and check in case the configuration is being restored by some other process.

Other things I would check:
- Do other configuration changes stick across restarts? You need to change something that is stored at the calibre configuration, not in the library.
- If you uninstall another plugin, does it stay uninstalled?
- If you uninstall the reader plugin, does it disappear from the plugins directory? Does it reappear when you restart calibre?
- Are you sure calibre is actually closing when you think it is? Do you have it in the system tray?
- Are starting calibre directly or do you have a batch file wrapping it?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote