View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 04:36 PM   #8
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I was talking about libprs500. My criticism about it:
It does not remember input dir. It does not remember output dir. It does not remember margin settings, even when converting multiple files - it has to be set 1 by 1. In case of multiple file conversion it starts a lot of jobs instead of progressing one bye one - this is much slower. It stores files redundantly (library + wherever you input from and wherever you save to) - what is the point?

The command line tools do the job, I was not criticizing them. Sorry if I came across as rude, it was not the intention.

My converter is functional now, I am going to up it in a few days (one more bug to fix).
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote