View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 04:31 PM   #6
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Removing garbage from txt-files? What is the big deal? Pattern matching in ANY programming language should do the trick. I mean ... Perl could probably do this in a handfull of lines.

@BlackVoid: Btw: I have not participated in the development of the mentioned programs in any way, but I am a programmer myself, though take this as a kind of "neutral spotters opinion":
You are rude. (Destructive) criticism of (free) programs like "is a major pain in the a**" without constructive proposals is a no-go.

Why should the program store the settings? If used on the commandline those settings can be stored in a script, normally you will need new settings for each conversions, ... - though storing the sessions will actually be more of a handicap than not doing it ..
I *don't* like my command-line-programs to store *any* settings, unless they can be changed in a text-only settingsfile. Just saving my session-settings? No, please, no!. Just my 2 cent.

Last edited by tirsales; 11-15-2007 at 04:40 PM.
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote