View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #13
Armaced
Enthusiast
Armaced began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-505
I compiled the program and ran it. I can see it consider each file and then skip it.

Quote:
c:\java>java SwitchCalTA "C:\Users\Dad\Documents\My eBooks\test" "C:\Users\Dad\D
ocuments\My eBooks\test"
I have 1 files to process

File: 0

"ebook-meta "C:\Users\Dad\Documents\My eBooks\test\Makers of History - Xerxes -
Abbot_ Jacob.lrf""
Skipped File, continueing...
I looked into the code and found the function where it is skipping the file. It is an ELSE statement, where the condition is:

Quote:
if (author!=null&title!=null)
That condition makes total sense - I would not want to switch the author and the title if they were both NULL. However, the thing I see as the author and the title on this file are not NULL. This leads me to believe that we might be talking about different parameters.

I am going to keep investigating, as I know it is not your job to solve all my problems, and this is a great way for me to learn Java. (That is a terrific tutorial page you pointed me to, by the way).

To switch the title and author manually, I use the command:

Quote:
lrf-meta -t "Makers of History - Xerxes" -a "Abbot Jacob" "Makers of History - Xerxes - Abbot_ Jacob.lrf"
Immediately after switching the title and author, I load the file into Sony's eBook Library. So the title and author that I am interested in are the ones that will display in eBook library and are changed using lrf-meta.

I am going to investigate the functions "read metadata" and "find metadata". I suspect converting the line:

Quote:
cmd[2]= "\"ebook-meta \""+files[i].getAbsolutePath()+"\"\"";
into one that uses lrf-meta might lead to some happy results, but first, my wife needs me to mop the tiles in the kitchen.

Anyway, thanks again. I am having a lot of fun with this.
Armaced is offline   Reply With Quote