View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 09:27 PM   #12
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
While the device performs flawlessly, both where hardware and where Software are concerned, the file-format .stk that is the only supported format at the moment is a real limiting factor.

I don't really mind having just one format at my disposal (I only used PDf for my Iliad), but the Software that created the .stk files is almost completely useless. (eRead 3.0, buil 614). It does not allow you to do any manual formatting. It does not allow you to use anything but plain text as source and it does not allow you to choose a font either.
It leads to bigger files, and presumably no run-time font size options, but PDF (say) to JPEG might be the best bet for now. Some of the user developed Sony Reader tools could probably be easily modifed to produce a directory containing JPEGs (perhaps some already do so). The most obvious choice was actually posted for the iLiad, see pdftojpg.

One of the screenshots in the pdftojpg thread is actually a STAReBOOK, and it shows landscape mode with the arrows in the bottom left. This might be the best landscape orientation, but how does it compare to arrows in the top right? Can text .stk files also be rotated?
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote