View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #637
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by agelos100 View Post
Hello Willus,

Most of the time, I am facing a problem when using fit-with mode.

It is not annoying or it does not make reading a problem, but I am really curious about it...

I enclose source and output file. Please check in output file the gap at the bottom of pages 1,2,3,5,9,12,13.

There is also a shorter gap at the top of pages 1,5,14.

Sometimes (but not in this example) there are both long gaps at both top and bottom at the same page.

Any idea why is that happening?
This issue goes back to the routine that I use to determine where to break pages in the final output "scroll". This routine (determined by the masterinfo_break_point() function) is older and somewhat inconsistent with the rest of k2pdfopt's page-breaking algorithms, i.e. it should really use the bmpregion_find_textrows() function. I have revised it to do this in the next release, and it will therefore be adjustable with the -gtr option as well. The output in your example, with my latest version, looks much better--no inconsistent gapping at the bottom of the page.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote