Thread: Firmware Update Kindle firmware update 5.13.7
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 02:54 AM   #156
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilis View Post
I have one other Kindle (used to read stuff on my sister's account.). It's a regular Kindle, nothing fancy. The kind they used to put on sale for fifty dollars once or twice a year. Is there any way to manually delete the WiFi settings to prevent it auto updating? I don't trust airplane mode.
Reset it to factory settings and don't enter your wifi password again. Then it'll have no way of going online, unless there is an unsecured wifi network close at hand. The downside of this method is that you cannot register the Kindle. Among other things the use of collections is unavailable on an unregistered Kindle.

Quote:
Do you think there's any possibility of someone cracking how to revert my updated one??
Personally I think the possibility is pretty small. AFAIK there has never been a way to downgrade a non-jailbroken Kindle. But then, who knows what the future will bring.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote