View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 02:57 PM   #15
mezzanine
Groupie
mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Clara, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Are you referring to the device or the cover for charging?
Oh and those ads on the battery life are based on 30 minutes of reading a day.
So I don't think you have anything to worry about.
If you are still concerned contact Amazon and return it if it is still under warranty.
With your comments in the OP, I would recommend either a paperwhite or basic kindle.
I am referring to the device itself. I read without the cover.

Perhaps the Oasis is intended only for lighter readers? That would come closest to a reasonable explanation yet. It's strange, though, that such a high-end niche device as the Oasis would be targeted at lighter readers. It's seems self-contradictory to me.

If you're a heavier reader, and you read without the cover, my charging experience is far more similar to a cell phone. Yes, a cell phone will show little change in charge capacity in the first year of use. It's years two and beyond that will be telling.
mezzanine is offline   Reply With Quote