View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 02:53 PM   #14
mezzanine
Groupie
mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Clara, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I like the design of the Oasis for the most part but I decided not to get one because of my concern for battery longevity. The small size of the battery means it'll deplete more often than other Kindles. Batteries typically get between 500 and 1000 full charges and this should use those up faster than other Kindles.

When I spoke up about this a number of people disagreed with me. I didn't think much of most of the arguments but there was one argument that I do completely agree with: those who say they like the thing and simply don't care if it lasts a long time. I think that's a perfectly reasonable way to approach it, although it's not my way.

Barry
Hi Barry,
I appreciated reading your perspective in the Oasis threads that I researched.

Yes, the logic used by some folks is indeed odd, and is why I decided to create this thread. Again, it's quite possible that I'm wrong on this, but I haven't been satisfied with the reasoning to suggest there's no cause for concern, and I see you haven't been either.
mezzanine is offline   Reply With Quote