View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 01:46 PM   #10
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
As someone that has owned and heavily used the Oasis for 1 year now, I see no difference in battery life at all. I look at the Oasis as a package, so I use battery life as a combination of the cover and the device. They cannot really be separated. But I know that my Oasis, out of the cover can last from 5-7 hours reading time. Now this depends on the light, if wifi is on, how strong the signal is and size of font. Mine is on #4 and my light on 10 most of the time.

I am a heavy reader and I have used that thing like crazy. I read outside the cover, but when I take a break of any kind, I put it in. Even just to make tea or coffee gets it a bit of a recharge since it charges pretty fast from the cover.
So mine gets constantly charged and read and charged and read. Lots of use.

I also still charge the whole package at the same rates than 1 year ago. Pretty much like I charged all the newer kindles. 4-5 days average. When one reads a lot, the weeks on charge means nothing really. I say newer kindles because my K1, the first kindle I used to charge almost daily, or every 2 days, because I read a lot. I think part of that was the lack of wifi and having 3G and using 1000's of books on the SD card.

I said this when the Oasis first came out and some folks were critical of the battery system, without actually every having used one. I said then, I'll report back in a year. Well, its a year and I see no degradation in my Oasis battery. If there is any, which is in any battery, it is not noticeable or yet measurable in real life situation. Tells me its not a concern.
I can check in again on that subject in yet another year. I think there will be some that are still not sure then if it would hold up.
My experience is identical to this, and I also am a heavy reader. I charge it about the same as I charged my Voyage.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote