View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 11:57 AM   #9
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I like the design of the Oasis for the most part but I decided not to get one because of my concern for battery longevity. The small size of the battery means it'll deplete more often than other Kindles. Batteries typically get between 500 and 1000 full charges and this should use those up faster than other Kindles.

When I spoke up about this a number of people disagreed with me. I didn't think much of most of the arguments but there was one argument that I do completely agree with: those who say they like the thing and simply don't care if it lasts a long time. I think that's a perfectly reasonable way to approach it, although it's not my way.

One thing you might do to improve your situation is to keep it in the cover more. Lithium ion batteries tend to do better if they're discharged less, unlike NiMh and Nicad batteries, which like longer periods between charging. The benefits of charging lithium ion batteries more often are small but they are there.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote