View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #25
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Device: none
First, the good news is, the new portable Calibre starts up in about 1 minute (compared with up to 20+ minutes before ). The DB is smaller but not that much smaller. Funny.
Another indicator poiting to Windows and the harddisc I think.

Bad news is that a library switch or a maintenance of the big DB still crashes Calibre.

However when it starts up again it does with the last selected library and it does it in about 1 minute or less.
Maintenance of a newly created, small library works fine so far and shows no errors.

Ok, I then thought I restore the original settings from the backup step by step. Just to see what will happen.

I restored gui, global, customize (which did not exist in portable), shortcut and tweaks.
I noticed that although I did not restored the plugins folder the user installed plugins are there.
If I rename the old calibre settings folder in the applications data on C the plugins on G don't work.
So one of the restored files controls plugins and connects to harddisc C.

So, how to best solve it?

Allow Calibre Portable on G to connect to the pluginfolder on C and then deinstall/disable all user plugins and install again?
Some can only be disabled but not removed (un-DRM for example).

Or go back a step to the original settings of Calibre Portable and do all changes and tweaks etc. manually again (hope not to have to since there are several ones)?

Which file controlls the use of plugins? global? customize?
manawydan is offline   Reply With Quote