View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #70
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Actually I've always thought of being an introvert as being very much American. To be an introvert is to go it alone rather than in a large group, and the history of how the U.S. was settled is the history of the introvert. For that matter most of the discoveries of the past were done by introverts. Galileo, Kepler, Einstein, while the rest of humanity went on their merry way like always these men and others like them paved the way for our present.
I think in the past America was definitely a country of introverts. They were valued and many of their traits were valued as well. Now, I think American society values extroverted traits more for a variety of reasons. You should read Quiet. It discusses this in more detail.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote