Thread: Best twist?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #26
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
A combination noir/horror: Falling Angel by William Hjortsberg. The movie, Angel Heart with Mickey Rourke and Robert DeNiro, was based on this book. There is a huge, jaw-dropping twist near the end.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the above recommendation, Nightbird. this looks like a good one. Add it to my miles long to-read list

Also I forgot a couple:

The Ex-Pats by Chris Pavone. This was an entertaining thriller that has twist after twist after twist. It would be silly, yet it's intelligently done with the author seeming to pile on the twists intentionally as a sort of smirking, slyly ironic homage to the thriller genre.

In the Woods by Tana French. Really really great literary mystery that takes place in Ireland. I love French's writing. Great twist near the end that I never saw coming.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote