View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #44
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Many thanks for your support.

Calibre tag and series sorting is coming with the Calibre Server+OPDS update in January. I can't afford to submit this now due to the Apple shutdown - I won't have enough time to develop and test it properly and I don't want to risk releasing an unstable version when I can't issue any updates and fixes. Right now version 1.1 has a rare but nasty bug that corrupts Marvin's database when creating summaries (the fix has already shipped to Apple for review). I want to avoid something like this happening again - growing pains I suppose.

About the CSS toggle, I have to investigate how this will affect Marvin's rendering engine. I promise to look into it.

Finally, regarding financial compensation, at this point I'm more than happy with the enthusiastic emails I'm getting and hearing from you guys enjoying Marvin. Btw, what would you think is a fair price?

Kris
I am willing to pay up to $10 for it, as a good reader app is where I spend most of my iPad time, but realistically I am thinking somewhere in the 2-4.99 range. Some of the reader apps I bought cost a little more, but most are in that range.

The only one I think come close to this app, as unfinished as it is, is Bluereader, but your rendering is far superior I believe, and all the must have features are already there, save the OPDS stuff, which you have made clear is coming.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Art