View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 07:42 AM   #20
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
I've just spent my lunch break reading the section in the calibre manual on the CLI. The ebook-convert command is truly comprehensive, dealing with all scenarios that are possible in calibre's GUI. Adding an alternative simple GUI to sit on top of all these settings would be a major project, (and basically "re-inventing the wheel"), so I am looking at an alternative method.

I think that it would be possible to use the calibre GUI for all the conversion settings and then use a plugin to:

1) Fetch book/s from user defined source folder and add to calibre.
2) Convert book/s according to settings defined in calibre's GUI.
3) Copy converted book/s to user defined destination location.
4) Delete converted book/s from calibre.

So calibre's folder structure effectively becomes a temporary storage area with all the conversion settings handled by calibre's GUI - which also ensures that any future settings will be covered.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote