View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #18
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Your question was:

Kovid sent you to the specific FAQ that covers this question. What you are referring to above is outside of what you asked and outside of the FAQ link you were pointed to. You may find it interesting and want to know more but it is not pertinent your initial question of calibre does not recognize my device.

As it exists now, with a OSX machine you will not be able to connect to your Kindle Fire HD via a USB cable. This is written out in the section of the FAQ you were directed to.

For whatever reason Amazon does not advertise that their tablet is in fact an android tablet. I agree it might help if it was added to the FAQ question for clarification.

Assuming because one device does x then all the rest must also do x is something that I can't help you with.

I see why you are confused. But you did ask a question then spin off into a totally unrelated area, I can see how you got there, but it is a new area non the less. Using anything for the first time can be confusing, more so if you by a device that is as closed off as the Kindle Fire HD.

I'm not a Kindle Fire HD owner, but the way I see it you have two ways to get books to your device. One is to use the calibre content server, described in the previously linked FAQ. Two is to use calibre's email feature to email the books to your device.

Good luck and if you have further questions about the Paperwhite or collections please address these in different threads.
You know I didn't spin off as you say, I read what the developer linked to. It went on and on..... I asked a question from what I read there, same link.

There is no need to be snippy. Don't answer my posts anymore.

new is offline   Reply With Quote