View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #71
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderundecided View Post
http://cme.at/e-book-reader/onyx-boo...handson-video/

LOL, just what I mentioned in my previous post:

"Es stellt sich allerdings die Frage, ob es nicht klüger wäre den zusätzlichen Lieferumfang optional wegzulassen, damit das Gerät preislich einigermaßen konkurrenzfähig wird."

Which translates to: "It would be smarter exclude all the included accessories to make the device some what competitive."
We tried to sell naked devices - less than 1% chooses them. The rest prefer whole equipment (even if the price doesn't look competitive). The way to split the scope of delivery purposely, just to be equal with competitors, is not really usere friendly. I would never suggest to buy ereader without cover. Two years ago I bought a Sony PRS650 (without WiFi) for 229€ and they offered covers separately for 69€, but I did not heard a lot of complains the price was too high - in opposite Sony had got problems to satisfy the demand.

Politics of satisfying of bargain hunting people is just bad. Following this politics how can we develop something special, offer good support if we permanently have to slash our staff, lower the quality etc..
We know we cannot compete with content selling companies w.r.t. their prices for hardware. But I don't think Amazon will keep developing of a proper reading device for professionals, students, engineers since they are reading mostly different stuff as Amazons target customers. We hope to do that eventually.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote