View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 04:03 AM   #356
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Here is a fairly significantly changed version of the plugin that I would appreciate some feedback on. As per the request above it now includes the option to generate readability statistics, be it Flesch Reading Ease, Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level or Gunning Fog Index.
I tested this on my 9500 book epub library. It took almost 6 or 7 hours to reach 100% but never gave me the screen to write the data. I even let it go for another 7 or 8 hours. The cause was the fact I included (without thinking) all of my ePubs, one of which was the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary. To it's credit it did not error and I'm guessing it would have finished someday. Obviously in hindsight I including a dictionary in the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level calculation is just plain dumb.

On a side note the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level number was interesting, but there are so many erroneous books listed from -0.4 to 4 (no doubt properly calculated) it makes it virtually useless to me. Still it is interesting and the test was a plus for me because I now have the ADE page counts listed to match my Sony eReaders.

Thanks for listening to folks and expanding the features of many of your plugins.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote